Fully supported coast to coast cycle touring
Get to the coast: destinations
We will ride with you and your bike to the coast. We serve Blackpool, Dover, Fishguard, Holyhead, Hull, Newhaven – and other destinations for coast to coast cycling. And we also offer other interesting cycle routes and activities
Choose your route – then contact or email gettothecoast(at)gmail.com to start your bespoke two wheel touring challenge!
If you want to ride UK coast – to – coast: get to the coast at
- Holyhead or Hull:
- for our classic Hope:Hope
- we say: ‘challenging over three days .. or easier if you want to take more’
- first day almost entirely painless …. Holyhead-Hope (Flintshire)
- from £590 per person
- part of Day Two – after Chester meet the hills! Just an hour from Bollington to Chapel en le Frith!
- part of Day Three – after the Pennines it’s flat to the coast!
- Fishguard or Felixstowe:
- for the demanding FFin’ ABC (Fishguard – Felixstowe via Abergavenny Banbury and Cambridge)
- we say: ‘It is hard over four days; you have to be ready for a brutal first day, but it gets easier as you go on’
- from £740 per person
- 574km 3958m elevation gain (of which 1600m on the first day!)
- FFin ABC flyer (pdf)
- Bournemouth or Blackpool:
- Bournemouth:Blackpool is a five day route via Bradford on Avon, Bourton on the Water, Burton on Trent, and Bollington (or Broadbottom) (south to north – or vice versa)
- we say: ‘This route comes with different varieties and quantity of hill country; there is at least one day with some downhill opportunities. But what comes down has first to go up.’
- from £890 per person
- includes Meriden – centre of England and site of cyclists memorial
- Walney Island or Whitby:
- the WI-WI-WHI is a new route across the Lake District, Pennines and North Yorkshire moors which we trialled June 2018. Why WI-WI-WHI?
- we say: ‘Bit of a squeeze to incorporate the alliteration into this one but suffice to say there is a timely photo opportunity featured – make it a date!’
- Ulverston! Settle! Cracoe! Masham! Helmsley! Wass Bank! Blakey Ridge!
- Lake District (hills) – Yorkshire Dales (hills) – North Yorkshire Moors (hills)!
- Special for you – if you like the hills! (Though we also do flat road routes if you ask nicely!)
- from £690 per person
If you want European cycling: get to the coast at:
- Dover (for Dunkirk or Calais, or Ostende); or
- Newhaven (for Dieppe); or
- Poole (for Cherbourg)
- European routes and tours by special arrangement
What will I get apart from the coast?
- accompanied and supported route plan
- accommodation – usually twin rooms
- baggage carried
- evening meals
- ride snacks
What extras will I need?
We assume you will:
- be a moderately experienced cyclist with level of basic fitness accordingly. (If not then we can adjust the route to take longer, or suggest alternatives which are less demanding)
- be wanting a coast to coast challenge on a limited timescale
- be happy to take on long rides with the right support
- have your own bike! If not we can provide one. We use classic steel. Other bikes are available!
More updates to follow soon!
visit gettothecoast.co.uk again soon for updates
or send an email to gettothecoast(at)gmail.com